2015 ITC Seminar Series
ITC Seminar Series Brisbane 2015
Explicit, Effective and Engaging Teaching Practices
ITC Publications are proud to present this seminar series in conjunction aimed at primary and secondary teachers, heads of department and heads of curriculum. The series runs from 4-5:15pm on Wednesday evenings in the ITC throughout March, April, May and June 2015.
This informative seminar series covers:
- Higher Order Thinking in Assessment Tasks with Gerard Alford
- A Cross Curricular Approach for Effective ‘Built-In’ Preparation for NAPLAN (Numeracy) with Dr. Lyn Carter
- Effective and engaging Questioning with Paul Herbert
- Higher Order Thinking [Part 1] Principles of Critical Thinking with certain critical thinking tools (SWOT Analysis, Extent Barometer) with Eric Frangenheim
- Communicating effectively in the classroom with Paul Herbert
- Critical Thinking [Part 2] More critical thinking tools (Icon Prompt, Decision Making Matrix and Elimination Draw) with Eric Frangenheim
- Co-operative Thinking – Principles of Co-operative thinking with several co-operative thinking tools such as TPS, Round Robin, PCQ and Judge Jury with Gerard Alford
- Writing Tasks – scaffolding for success with Gerard Alford
- Science in the primary school with Malcolm Carter
- Creative thinking in writing and design with Gerard Alford
- Growing your pedagogy: Lesson Observation and Feedback to make a difference with Paul Herbert.