Our colourful Handwriting Skills poster with its four-step guide to fast, legible handwriting is an easy-to-use guide for children from the Early Years to Year 7.
As keyboard and digital devices increasingly demand young students’ attention, it is vital that students learn the basic principles of handwriting in their early years.
After all, handwriting is about more than being legible. Practising handwriting daily helps builds fine motor skills and enables children to become confident communicators and learners in life.
Furthermore, recent education research reveals:
- children are practising less, therefore they are becoming slower at writing, which means they are distracted by how they are writing rather than concentrating on what they are writing
- handwriting skills increase brain activation and also stimulate the learning process
- students writing by hand remember letters better than those who type on a keyboard.
This poster is a fun resource to help you encourage your young students to practise their handwriting correctly.
Teachers - stick it on your classroom walls as a bright and handy reminder to practise daily.
Parents – stick it on your children’s playroom walls to keep the learning going at home.
• Clearly illustrates the four steps required to achieve fast and legible handwriting
• Provides support text that prompts both students and teachers
• Introduces Happy the Pencil – an exciting pencil character to engage students and make handwriting lessons more enjoyable.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other itc Publications users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.