Lesson Observations and Feedback - Caulfield
Notify me when back in stock
LESSON OBSERVATIONS AND FEEDBACK - CAULFIELD
Professional Development with Gerard Alford
"Nationally and internationally, there is unequivocal evidence that the quality of teaching is the most significant in-school factor affecting student outcomes. There is also strong evidence that better appraisal and feedback leading to targeted development can improve teacher performance.”
Australian Institute for Teaching and School Leadership - 2015
Why should I attend?
- Compliance - it is mandatory that all teachers in NSW public schools must undertake a minimum of two documented observations per year.
- Gathering school data - collect reliable and objective data on the teaching occurring at your school. Use this data to set benchmarks and provide targeted professional development for your school
- Avoid the pitfalls - done poorly, lesson observations can cause anxiety and stress to teachers. This workshop will show you how to motivate and empower your teachers
- Improved performance - if done well, lesson observations leads to better teaching and therefore better student results
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) - teachers complete, implement and review their PDP's through the lesson observation and feedback process
- Learn useful training strategies - such as how to role-play the feedback process to manage defensive behaviour and how to conduct simulated lesson observations using specifically designed video footage.
Who should attend?
Principals, Assistant Principals, Deputy Principals, Heads of Curriculum, Heads of Faculty and leading teachers
$165 (incl. GST) per person - includes free copy of the innovative students' companion (worth $14.95), workshop booklet and video classroom footage for in-school training.
Date, Time and Location: (includes tea/coffee and light morning tea)
When: Wednesday 29th November 2017
Where: Caulfield RSL - 4 St Georges Road, Elsternwick VIC 3185
*Attendees please arrive at 9:50am for registration*
"The presentation provided an excellent structure for teachers and supervisors to follow when observing lessons in a non intrusive and supportive way. It was a great reflective and informative presentation to promote collaboration across the school. Our staff found the observation sheets (all three for different reasons) to be really concise, well set out and easily accessible. The Russian Cousins approach to feedback is also easy to access, while ensuring all areas of feedback are addressed. Classroom observations are fantastic and was delivered today in a non-threatening manner. This will encourage staff who may be hesitant to have other staff in their classroom."
Elizabeth Bate - Principal
Muswellbrook High School
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other itc Publications users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.