Beginning Teachers' Companion - Fourth Edition with Journal!
The beginning teachers’ companion Fourth Edition is an essential publication for all new teachers in the profession. Its aim is to strengthen the beginning teacher’s often challenging journey as they move to graduate teacher and beyond.
The beginning teachers’ companion supports the beginning teacher through the initial years by offering:
- Guidance with lesson and unit planning
- A repertoire of evidence-based lesson ideas and knowledge of what will work in their classroom
- Effective strategies for classroom management
- Communication skills for the classroom, optimal classroom layouts, cooperative learning strategies and more.
- Time-efficient ways of providing early, regular and meaningful feedback.
The publication is closely aligned to the AITSL Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
The beginning teachers' companion is a required / recommended resource at the following universities:
- Western Sydney University (WSU)
- Edith Cowan University (ECU)
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- Griffith University (GU)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
The beginning teachers’ companion Reflection Journal is a B5-sized journal designed to encourage and support beginning teachers throughout their initial year of teaching. Its succinct format allows teachers to engage in enriching guided reflection while only taking a short period of their time, a great benefit for busy beginning teachers!
The journal unpacks 40 topics, one for each week of the school year.
- Establishing the learning environment
- Behaviour management
- Wellbeing checks
- Teaching strategies
- Cooperative learning
- Preparing for parent-teacher interviews
- And much more!
The beginning teachers’ companion reflection journal can be completed in any sequence and there is ample space for teachers to record their personal reflections and experiences. The reflection journal accompanies the beginning teachers’ companion fourth edition; it is the perfect complement for any schools mentoring program and a must-have for any beginning teacher!
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other itc Publications users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.