Beginning Teachers' Pack [Year Level: Secondary]
Notify me when back in stock
FREEBIES! Buy Beginning Teachers' Pack Today & Choose From One Of These FREE Gifts!
FREE With This Item!
Prefer Loose Leaf or another period layout? Just add the correct diary type (Early Years, Primary or Secondary) and add a delivery note in checkout with your preferred format or period layout (NOTE: Secondary Multi Period is SOLD OUT). Alternatively, email us at email@example.com to confirm your choice.
Beginning Teachers' Companion - Fifth Edition
The beginning teachers’ companion Fifth Edition is an essential publication for all new teachers in the profession.
The fifth edition includes new material on Unit Planning and Health and Wellbeing strategies. It also includes the High Impact Teaching Strategies - Excellence in teaching and Learning Framework and updated material on the Essential Skills of Classroom Management (ESCM).
The beginning teachers’ companion supports the beginning teacher through the initial years by offering:
- Time-saving succinct unit planning with our Unit Spine template
- Guidance with backwards mapping lesson and unit planning
- A repertoire of evidence-based lesson ideas and knowledge of what will work in their classroom
- Effective strategies for classroom management
- Communication skills for the classroom, optimal classroom layouts, cooperative learning strategies and more.
- Time-efficient ways of providing early, regular and meaningful feedback.
The publication is closely aligned to the AITSL Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
The beginning teachers' companion is a required / recommended resource at the following universities:
- Western Sydney University (WSU)
- Edith Cowan University (ECU)
- Southern Cross University (SCU)
- Griffith University (GU)
- University of Southern Queensland (USQ)
- University of Queensland (UQ)
The beginning teachers’ companion Reflection Journal is a B5-sized journal designed to encourage and support beginning teachers throughout their initial year of teaching. Its succinct format allows teachers to engage in enriching guided reflection while only taking a short period of their time, a great benefit for busy beginning teachers!
The journal unpacks 40 topics, one for each week of the school year.
- Establishing the learning environment
- Behaviour management
- Wellbeing checks
- Teaching strategies
- Cooperative learning
- Preparing for parent-teacher interviews
- And much more!
The beginning teachers’ companion reflection journal can be completed in any sequence and there is ample space for teachers to record their personal reflections and experiences. The reflection journal accompanies the beginning teachers’ companion fourth edition; it is the perfect complement for any schools mentoring program and a must-have for any beginning teacher!
Wire-bound - a protective PVC jacket is provided and assembled on your diary
The innovative teachers' companion is your teachers’ diary to assist you with your daily, monthly and yearly planning with the following additional features:
- Many lesson activities, all aligned to the Australian curriculum
- Scores of professional readings
- NEW– cognitive verb ‘Infer’ has been added, with all related task verbs, sentence starters, thinking tools and assessment exemplars.
- Monthly planner
- Year planner
- Your 16 regularly used Task Verbs – fully unpacked!
- Education Awareness days with links to hundreds of online activities
- Lesson planning checklist and templates
- Assessment records, class rolls and professional logbooks.
- Discounted access to hundreds of online activities through itcthinkdrive.com.au
- The itc Thinking Skills Framework to assist with lesson planning and designing assessment tasks
- Additional plastic sleeves for extra storage
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other itc Publications users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.