Articles & Resources
itc publications provide these resources for our valued supporters to use as they see fit.
We hope that the material found here is of use in promoting great teaching practice.
- ITC Thinking Skills Lesson Launchpad (PDF)
- War on Waste Lesson Plan (Word)
Below are free resources for attendees of the Lesson Observations and Feedback and Cooperative Learning Workshops.
- Lesson Observations and Feedback Workshop Booklet (Word) (PDF)
- Lesson Observations and Feedback Workshop PowerPoint
- Cooperative Learning Workshop Powerpoint 2017
itc's featured published articles
- Inquiry learning. The verbs and the thinking tools (task and topic) - ACCESS Journal, March 2014
- It's the lesson that is important - Educational Review, November 2012
- Lesson observations boosting quality teaching, evaluating teachers - Independent Education Journal,issue 2, Vol 43, 2013
Looking for extra assessment pages and class rolls? Please feel free to print off as many as you require.
Teaching Tips and Resources
With co-operative learning, students have the opportunity to see other perspectives, there are more openings to discuss, debate and challenge the material being learnt and there are more chances for peer tutoring.
Good co-operative learning activities are distinguished from group work by incorporating the following 4 elements. To view these elements click here.
Thinking Skills Framework
Multiple Intelligences Quiz
Use this quiz to help determine the learning styles of your students
ITC Publications supports the philosophy that to achieve better learning outcomes, a whole-school approach is required which implements Learning to Learn and thinking skills programs. The formal and informal sharing of ideas between staff and regular peer teacher feedback are essential components of a successful program.
The following is a broad assessment guide to analyse the Thinking and Learning to Learn practices that you may have developed at your school and the structures you may have in place to support these initiatives.